Friday, February 3, 2012

So Little Time

Since the New Year I have been project happy...There has been sooo many things I have wanted to do and realized no one else was going to do them for me :)....So I decided to get busy.
I took my drapes down in my dining room because I wanted to change up the look...I knew that going back with something pricey was out of the question since nothing was really wrong with what was hanging up there...(according to my manly man husband) :}
So, I got busy with my favorite drop cloth/burlap combo and here is what I came up with...
through a little trial and error...
I usually never have a plan...fly by the seat of my pants kind of thing



 My friend, and fellow craft supply hoarder (her house is a glorified Michael's), was given some burlap rice bags...she brought me a few and said, " I want some bags made out of these". She gave me an idea of what she wanted but also said..."just do what you want"...
How fun is that?...I ended up making 5. Four of them are kind of like shopping bags and one was a messenger type bag. I did not get good pics of all of them but here is a sample.





Finally....we bought new furniture...
which has prompted a whole redo of the living/breakfast room since we have an open floor plan...
It always snowballs, right?
Our furniture in our living room was 18 years old...yes, 18...
Of course, the pillows on the couch were not going to work with the whole decorating redo...so I made new pillows for the couch...planning on new pillows for the chairs and also new drapes....pics to come soon!!!

One of my desires for this year is to be a better blogger...I would love to post/link up to parties more often. How do these girls do it?

4 comments:

  1. Your friend "The Craft Hoarder" loves the bags!!! It is funny how hosting bunko at your house causes so much change.. Love the look !!! Of course you know I think you do everything well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!!! Having Bunko gave me the kick in the pants I needed to get some stuff done around here!!!

      Delete
  2. Best way is to do interesting projects and join in on the many linky parties. Love what you did with the rice sacks and drop cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those burlap bags would also make cute pillows! You did a great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete