Sunday, March 31, 2013

Slipcover vs Upholstery

Some times people will ask me....would you reupholster this or just slipcover?
Here is a great example for both cases....
I have shared this chair already, and I looovve it.
Ms Linda has this chair in a guest bedroom. It belonged to her MIL and her husband did not want to alter it. The upholstery is in perfect condition but it did not match when she redecorated the bedroom.
 
 
 
 
She wanted to go with burlap and linen and something that could easily be taken off.
She gave me a little direction but mostly said, "just go with it, I trust you".
You gotta love that :)
And...here it is in her lovely vintage guest bedroom.
Just perfect!

 
Then, Ms Kathye's rocker. I had it almost stripped down before I remembered to get a before pic. It had an extremely dated green nubby fabric on it and needed a good makeover...so outdated, dirty fabric with a frame that needs a little updating....we went with upholstering...

 
She gave me the fabric, asked me to paint the chair frame and once again said, "whatever you think will look best"

 
I decided on black mostly because of her wonderful fabric.




 
It turned out so cute and Kathye loved it. This cutie sits in her "Paris Room" which is just adorable.
 
Happy Easter!
 
So thankful for my Risen Saviour!!!
today and everyday!
 
Mandy

2 comments: