Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Handmade....


I hope to offer something a little different in my booth at LaBahia during Antiques Week in Round Top this fall...
Here is some fabric I had in my stash from years ago when I was making purses...
it was quite expensive at Hobby Lobby so I could only buy it when I had my 40% off coupon...
and then ....it was still expensive...so I have  just a little bit of it.
I am using it for 
something. really. cute.
I'll show you when it is all done and I can get a cool pic.


And...here is another little project...



You see that little red dot at the end of my finger?
(excuse the boy looking fingers....never had long beautiful fingernails...I'm ok with that)
anyway...
You know...
sometimes...
you are just concentrating so hard....
you just want that seam you are sewing to be perfect....
and the fabric gets thick....
and you try to keep it straight....
then...
you feel a sharp pain...
and you know you better not jerk your hand back too fast because....
because you have done that before....
and it is not pretty....
so you raise the needle...
and pull your hand back quickly...
so that your mosquito loving blood will not drip on your beautiful creation....
yep....
that's what happened....


And....
what's worse...
tomorrow I have to go to the job outside my home...
that I have done for 28 years now...
and it involves using these same fingers....
which one is already sore....


and this.....


is just keeping it real....
because we do real around here
real good!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment