Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Easy Delicious Chocolate Cake

Oldest college boy came home for the first time this semester....
so "mom" (me) kicked it into gear....
and did a little baking

I made chocolate cake with marshmallow cream icing...

ok...so the cake was a box...
Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food
but...then I made marshmallow cream icing

Here is the recipe:
3 egg whites
2 T water
1/2 C sugar
1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream

In a double boiler...
(I have a double boiler, but for this I use the bottom pan of my double boiler for my water and then use a heat safe large pyrex bowl to mix the icing in)

anyway....
in the top of the double boiler (pyrex bowl) mix the first three ingredients with an electric mixer until foamy...
Add marshmallow cream
Mix on high speed with the electric mixer until it is thick, pan is full, and icing is stiff and will not fall off beaters....then it's done!!!
The icing is so light and fluffy....
love it....

My mom's recipe....thanks Mom!!!

I made the cake Friday when he got home along with filet mignon, baked potato and Sister Schubert's dinner rolls...love me some Sister Schubert's

Saturday morning....


pancakes from my Southern Living cookbook....my go to recipe for pancakes and waffles...
excellent recipe....
my boys gag and say I ruin the pancakes when I pile the pecans on them...
omygosh...so delicious!!!

Then pot roast in my crock pot Saturday night.
Excellent eating weekend!!! None of it was rather healthy but oh so good....
Oh...me and the boys went to see the movie Captain Phillips on Saturday night...
Excellent movie, pretty intense...loved that is  based on a true story.


And...
in between all of that I worked on a couple pieces of furniture for the fall market that I will have a booth at in November...I will keep you updated....
here is the flyer..


                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. When do you find time ?? The cake was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!!! Anonymous...I am a crazy person!!! Glad you enjoyed the cake!!

    ReplyDelete