Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feel Like I'm Coming Home

I have been away from the blogging world for a while...well, let me re-phrase that...I have not been blogging but certainly have kept up with my favorite bloggers...
Thought it was time to get back in the saddle...so here is the first of hopefully many posts to come...

I made a tray recently. I had been missing my junking jaunts since leaving The Old Oak Cottage as part owner. So, I called up my sis and niece and asked if they would like to meet me one Saturday at Winnie Trade Days here in Southeast Texas. I think it was July...yes...what was I thinking?...We have had the worst heatwave and drought here since I don't know when and we went junking out in the 106* weather. We had THE.  BEST. TIME!!!

I found this frame for 5 bucks...threw it on my arm immediately and kept shopping.
It sat in my garage until a couple of weeks ago and here it is today.




I used my ASCP in Duck Egg, dry brushed some Old White over the top, then rubbed on some dark wax.


I found this graphic from The Graphics Fairy and through much trial and error enlarged it on my printer...I transferred the image using graph paper then sat back and said..."Are you kidding me? My hand will never be steady enough to paint that!"
So I cheated and used a Sharpie..I am ok with that!!!I love the way it turned out. Oh, yeah, I first painted the board ASCP Old White then after I was finished with the Sharpie I distressed the whole board and added some dark wax.
The glass...Hobby Lobby (with the 40% off coupon, of course)
I would like to find some really cool handles...but I am not willing to settle, so I will just keep searching. 

This sits in my Dining Room which is being transformed...I am moving away from the cottage look into the farmhouse chic style...stay tuned...more to come. :)

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment