Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Mantel

 I have just a couple more things to do to the house to be all decorated for Christmas....Here is the fireplace mantel...

 It really has not changed in several years...but you know when you find something that works, just stick with it...
 The little sleigh was something my MIL did for me several years ago....it has changed several times. I usually empty it when I store it, so each year I pull a little something different out of the hat for it.

 I loooovvveee our stockings...They are made from a mix of vintage and new fabrics. I wanted to do 'all' vintage fabric but found vintage brocades could be quite pricey...so I just mixed the fabrics and am quite pleased. Someone once said, at a Christmas party at our house, that our stockings were just way too old looking for us having kids and I should have something a little more child friendly...whatever...I love them...and they are staying...

 A little close up of the gold trees....ya know, sometimes, you just happen upon something that you just KNOW is going to be perfect. These were a PERFECT find at Big Lots! I know...right? I think they were maybe $7 each. Yes, they were already attached to those little urns...
The santa was a Hobby Lobby find a few years ago...I was looking for something with the right colors, I didn't care what it was, just needed to coordinate. A bonus...Christmas decor was 50% off...yeah!!! The greenery is two pieces of garland twisted together with lights and ribbon. I did not get a good close up, but laying on top of the greenery is a garland of pink velvet poinsettias. I live with 3 boys and they graciously allow me to decorate at Christmas (and all year long for that matter) with pink...love my boys!!! 
A little close up of the sleigh. I am such a pack rat. I think if you are a crafter you probably have the same sickness...I cannot stand to throw something away...just in case...some day....I will REALLY need it. Such is the case with these plates tucked down in the sleigh...they are broken right in two...but turned broken side down...perfect!!!

Linking up with From My Front Porch to Yours Mantel Party



Merry Christmas!!!

Mandy

4 comments:

  1. Very elegant, and your stockings are really gorgeous! Love the plates in the sleigh! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy everything looks so beautiful! I can not believe those trees were already attached to the pots for just $7!! you sound like my kind of shopping gal! Also love your curtains. Thanx for coming to party and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy, your mantel is so pretty and soft! You did a first rate job, here. Really lovely!!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, it is all so pretty! Love it!! Thank you for the visit and the sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete