Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tis The Season

It has been way too long since my last post...I worked a week to help a co-worker that had surgery..then Thanksgiving week, then the Christmas frenzy started....oh well...on to more exciting things...I will share my Thanksgiving table. My family comes to my house for Thanksgiving...my mom and sister help with food, thank goodness...and it is the most delicious meal of the year for me. My mom and sister are awesome cooks....

 I made some velvet pumpkins...loved them....
 I just pulled in chairs from around the house...I also keep a table on the back porch that I pull in and butt it up against my dining room table.
 I bought the turkey plates last year at Home Goods and looooovvvee them...they are so cute...the "napkin ring" I made several years ago...my family might be getting tired of them...I think I found the idea in Country Living"?  Just scrapbook paper, a fall stamp, hole punch and ribbon...

Now....THANK YOU PINTEREST!!!! I made this gumbo the other night....it was deeelish!!! I got the recipe from Pinterest...I love it because it is a crock pot recipe...nothing better!!!! You can get the recipe here.

 Here is my other "find" from Pinterest...I just fell in looovvveee with this snowman...He is just the cutest!!! He turned into a little bit more of a project than I expected but I really like him!!!

 I found a hat form at Hobby Lobby and added some poster board to make it taller and wider. Then I added velvet to the whole thing.
The head took a little longer...my husband, lord love him, stripped the skin off an old basketball...I then taped a cool whip bowl to the bottom and decoupaged the whole thing about three times. I painted it twice...the eyes, nose and mouth are foam...
I just love him...he looks soooo cute on the front porch...


Hope you are sliding into the Christmas spirit now that it is December....I am...the house is decorated...now, the shopping...I have not bought one cotton pickin thing...

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment