Thursday, October 10, 2013

Antiques Week at LaBahia...PART II

Here are a few more pics of the booth as it transformed throughout the week.... 


I loved this little chalkboard...there was a mirror in there that was cracked and broken...so a little re-purposing had it back to cute and useful...




I have some before pics of this chandelier...it was a fabulous 80's brassy little number...
I was completely in awe of this chandelier makeover at Serendipity Refined so I did my own little treatment on this one but of course it is not near as fabulous as Kimberly's!!!


Remember Annette? My booth neighbor?


Here are a couple of pictures of her booth with all the fabulous vintage finds...



And my booth neighbors on the other side of me are Ellen and Sandra. They have the store in downtown Humble call Ellen's Timeless Treasures. It is a fabulous collection of antiques, vintage items, painted furniture and re-purposed treasures..

And here is their booth...




 On Tuesday evening we heard Rachel Ashwell, who is the creator, founder and mastermind behind the fabulous shabby chic style...was having a book signing at her new B & B in Round Top called The Prairie.
So, being the great guy he his...Troy said he would take me and Annette to stand in line, get our book signed and see The Prairie.
This is the driveway into the 46 acre B & B site....so lovely!!!


Her new book shows all the buildings and rooms that are available at The Prairie.




I know that if we had time to spend together...
me and Rachel would be great friends...
why?...well we like the same things...
chippy old furniture and powdered sugar donuts...
yes, great friends...
loved her snack table!!!


inside the store at The Prairie


Me and Rachel Ashwell...geez...could I lean in any more???


She was sooo personable and friendly...she took time to make small talk to every. single. person. there. 
I appreciate that!!!



This just may HAVE to be a destination for me and Troy to go stay and enjoy the hill country one weekend.

So....we get back to LaBahia....late...
I look at Troy and say..."Hey, you feel like re-arranging the booth"
There was just a slight hesitation then he so nicely said , "sure"
Little did I know that some of my booth neighbors wanted to officially welcome me into the LaBahia family. So after 1 1/2 hours of dolling up the booth we go to bed only to wake up the next morning to this....



Oh I can just imagine the giggling that went along with this job....They all denied it at first...
we had a good laugh 
I felt welcomed
and 
they helped me clean it up

as good neighbors do...


                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment