Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sometimes...it's the little things...

I crave organization...but I just cannot seem to get there
but every once in a while...
I just can't take it anymore...

love this...

  
and this...


I stared at this for about 3 months thinking...yeah...I need to do something about that...
this is beside my bed
I plug my phone in,  my bedside chandelier light switch plug...yes, they are cute...need to show you sometime...
alarm clock...which I loathe, my body needs to wake up on it's own...
I think that would relieve some stress


anyway...here is what I did...on the back of my bedside table I measured with tape for the screws to hang the electric strip


then added these little 3M picture hangers to hold the cords on top of the bedside table...


Pushed it all back against the wall and said
aaaahhhhhh....so much better...



I do have bedding....it was in the washer....

another little thing....
my oldest is in an apartment at college for the first time this semester...
it was a last minute decision, so things were thrown together rather quickly
he loves it...all plain and with nothing on the walls....oh my...
anyway...
there is a pretty big window in the bedroom...
which keeps the room pretty bright during the day...
and makes it hard to sleep past noon on the weekends
so forbid...something HAD to be done...
I dug in my fabric stash



and made a window covering...
a functioning window covering...
to keep that nasty sunlight out of his precious eyes until
he is good and ready to wake up on the weekends...


I used some webbing to make loops and just slid it on the curtain rod...
he said it was  PERFECT!
Yea!!! Mom!!!
We were up there this Saturday for the homecoming football game and parade
Here was the best picture of him during the parade...


they are always on the opposite side of the street...

For the game he changed into their new uniforms which were debuted at the homecoming game

they were soooo sharp looking...love the brighter purple


they sit on the visitor side and irritate the opposing team with obnoxiously loud music
love it!!!




It is sooo much fun to go watch them play...this is the largest band in the 90 year history of the school...


My parents drove up for the game...such a great picture
they drove up the night before and took Derek out to dinner...
they asked what he wanted and he suggested a steak house about 30 minutes away...
never ask a hungry college kid what he wants for dinner...geez
of course....they took him!!!


just trying to get a good picture of my youngest


ok...that's better...
love this kid!!!!

I am getting ready for a Fall Market in November...
here is a radio cabinet I picked up at our community garage sale...
not sure what to do with it but thought it was sooo cool

I popped the front out and think it will make a cute little bar area or bathroom piece with some shelves in it


I will keep you posted on my progress with this....

ok...gotta get ready for another week!!!





                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment