Thursday, October 27, 2011

Poor Decorating...

I love Fall...I really do...I just have not taken the time to do very much, if at all any, decorating....I need to get busy...we do Thanksgiving at my house and I like it to look festive...anyway...Here is the extent of my decorating so far....
My youngest loves nothing more than roasted pumpkin seeds...now that he is 16 I feel no guilt in saying...you scoop out that stuff and I will roast the seeds...He agreed, carved a great pumpkin, and I roasted the seeds...in butter and salt...lots of butter and salt...excellent...

The extent of my fall decorating has been what my youngest son has done and these grapevine pumpkins that I put in some planters on the front porch. I know...pathetic...I agree...
but...
excuse me...
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!
Look closely...he blends in so well....

My oldest son called from college...had gone to Starbucks for coffee and was headed back to the dorm and was talking about how cool it was up there...the cool front had already moved through...oh to be in college again and getting Starbucks at 8 pm...anywho
I stepped out on my front porch to see if it was cooler here...
turned around...
lost my  breath...
couldn't talk....
couldn't move...
almost pee'd my pants...
This does not look very intimidating while in the house, taking a pic through the window....but when it is suspended between the planter and your front door that you just walked out of...oh my...Needless to say...
I did not go back through this door to get in the house...

So when it is time for Christmas decorating...who...who...is going to remove that grapevine pumpkin from the front porch....

hmmm...

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment